The Workers’ Compensation Institute (WCI) will hold its 73rd Annual Conference & Expo on August 19-22, 2018, at the Orlando World Center Marriott in Orlando, Florida.
The conference will focus on bringing together stakeholders in the pursuit of gaining a better understanding of the issues of common concern regarding workers’ compensation. With an abundance of attendees including upper-level executives to end-users of products and services, the WCI’s Workers’ Compensation Educational Conference will allow for enrichment through keynote speakers general and breakout sessions, and roundtables.
Breakout sessions offer the chance for attendees to listen in on topics that catch their attention and dive deeper into the discussion. Possible topics of interest include:
- “How Pain Becomes Chronic: Using Modern Neuroscience And Cognitive Behavioral Therapy To Inform Pain Recovery” by Geralyn Datz, Licensed Clinical Health Psychologist at Southern Behavioral Medicine Associates, PLLC and David Hanscom, Orthopedic Surgeon at Swedish Neuroscience Specialists.
- “New Innovations in Treating the Injured Knee: Sub-Chondroplasty to Stem Cell” by Brian Reiter, MD at Atlantis Orthopaedics.
- “Return to Work Success Stories” by Sherri George; SkyWest Airlines’ Senior Manager of Workers’ Compensation Christine Lawson,Willis Towers Watson Vice President of Claims, Risk Control, and Claim Advocacy Practice, and Sedgwick CMS Vice President of Managed Care Client Services Tracey Radford.
Click to learn more about workshop offerings:
- Physical Therapy
- Workplace Safety-- Advanced Safety Program
- Workplace Health
- Longshore And Harbor Workers’ Act, Jones Act and Defense Base Act
- Medical Issues
- Multi-State Workers’ Compensation Laws
Featured keynote speakers and topics include:
- Financial editor of NBC’s Today show and host of the podcast HerMoney, Jean Chatzky will partner with the Alliance of Women in Workers’ Compensation to host an empowering keynote session.
- Analyst on the Emmy-Award winning ESPN College GameDay segment and former head coach of the Louisville Cardinals and Indiana Hoosiers, Lee Corso will speak on behalf of WCI and provide his insight on workers’ compensation.
Join Amramp on-site in the Exhibit Hall to learn about the accessibility products that Amramp can provide to those with mobility concerns following a work-related accident. Don’t miss out on the long list of unique breakout sessions, prominent keynote speakers and engaging conversations with other professionals.
Your home should be welcoming you, not worrying you
Please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center 888-715-7598