The American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) held its 2017 Annual Conference & Centennial Celebration March 30 - April 2 in Philadelphia, PA, with more than 1,600 informational sessions and 4,000 speakers to commemorate 100 years of this esteemed profession. The event was a mix of traditional Annual Conference proceedings with Centennial-influenced activities and celebrations.
Starting as the National Society for the Promotion of Occupational Therapy in 1917, today AOTA boasts a membership that is more than 200,000 and growing strong. With ever-growing numbers of elderly people and young children in need of occupational therapy services, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics calls occupational therapy one of today's fastest growing careers. These professionals help patients build, recover, and improve the skills needed for daily living and working.
Attendees gathered for sessions like:
- A Conversation with Lela Llorens, PhD, OTR/Ret, FAOTA: A One Hundred Year Legacy: The Proof of Occupational Therapy
- Geriatric Primary Care: Reducing Disability Through an Aging-in-Place Clinic
- Conversations That Matter - Developing Community Partnerships to Meet the Needs of Seniors
- “When You Live With Disability 24/7 It’s a Whole Different Thing” – Therapists’ Perspectives of Simulation Use to Understand Barriers to Participation
- Scientific Research Panel: Fall Prevention in Post-Acute Care: Best Practices vs. Documented Practices
The AOTA Expo Hall featured more than 375 exhibitors, making it the world’s largest gathering of companies representing products and services, professional development, and employment opportunities for the occupational therapy community.
Continuing education for occupational therapy professionals opportunities were also provided, with the ability to earn up to 24 Continuing Education Contact Hours.
For a complete listing of all conference sessions, speaking and exhibitor information, schedule and more, visit the AOTA conference website.
Amramp is proud to have exhibited at the AOTA conference, showcasing Amramp’s patented wheelchair ramps and home accessibility advances like stair lifts, pool lifts, and threshold ramps. With flexible terms for long-term purchase or short-term wheelchair ramp rentals, Amramp’s 44 locally owned and operated locations in the U.S. and Canada ensure your ramp is expertly installed in days, not weeks.
100 years of helping millions live life to the fullest
Please contact Amramp’s National Customer Service Center 888-715-7598